View Single Post
Old January 20th, 2015, 04:58 AM

Re: how many of you use compressers ?

I will only use DBX compressors. They are not all equal. I use a DBX compressor on every microphone. I also use a DBX Driverack speaker management system on the overall system. It is a compressor, limiter, sub-harmonic synthesizer, anti-feedback, crossover, Parametric EQ, a 31 band EQ, and delay all in one rack unit. With the calibration microphone, it can set all crossover, anti-feedback, EQ and crossover settings to optimize your speaker -amp combination. This is the most powerful thing you can put on any KJ system. In 15 years, I have never lost a speaker and have less feedback than all of my competitors. It is a godsend. Compressors keep your sound in the sweet spot of the limits of your system. It takes a little while to tweak it but if you know what you are doing, it gives you the best possible sound. Also, a good mixer like Allen&Heath make, will give you top notch sound. I swear my A&H mixer has never crackled on any channel in 10 years. My Mackie lasted 1 year and it was shot.