View Single Post
Old July 5th, 2002, 11:10 AM

Eric,
Plextor will need the person with the drive there to call them, due to them wanting you to try things while you are on the phone. They have an 800 number so you won't be charged for calling them. The number is: 1.800.886.3935 . We support the drives no problem with our software, but you are having a problem, which seems to be hardware related. Please call them ASAP, that way we can make sure nothing is actually wrong with the drive.

Yes we test everyone of these drives. We don't upgrade the firmware, we leave whatever Plextor has shipped with, because 99% of the time we don't have any problems with what they ship with. These drives have not been sitting on our shelves for more than a week. We have a very high turn around so they come in and go out usually within a week.

This is a problem that no one here would be able to diagnose. Plextor will need the drive in front of the person so that they can try to diagnose it.

Please also try to burn just an audio CD from the Adaptec EZ CD Creator program. See if that works or if you get errors with that also.

When you informed me you have Windows 98, I did not send the file as is only for Windows 2000 or XP. This is why it wasn't sent.

Call Plextor and in a few minutes they can tell you either what is wrong with the drive, or what is causing this.

I called Plextor for you and talked to tech support. They said the same thing I did; make sure that the ASPI drivers are updated correctly. They want you to call them so they can figure out what is wrong. They also said to download the firmware again to make sure it was not a bad download.

I got case number 34656 for you to give Plextor Tech support. They can see the information that I gave them, that you gave me in this forum and through emails.