View Single Post
Old July 3rd, 2002, 11:01 PM

Burned 2 more coasters and I'm not exactly happy.

Never got the file you said you emailed me... Never was able to update the firmware on the plextor.. Checked all ASPI's for the tenth time they are the correct version. Checked the version of DirectX again for the tenth time... Am now getting a new error... While trying to update the firmware for this $269.00 Plextor paperweight, I'm now getting a firmware data error code 04-40-fs.... Do you have anybody on staff that can advise as to why this stuff will not work... Also, Your software when the system locks up during the burn at exactly the same spot (track8 65%) every time regardless of the brand of media which I have wasted a bunch of... Is now causing a complete lock up of my system and sometimes is causing exception errors... To say I am dissatisfied at this point tonight is mild... I need this system to work.. I never had any trouble copying audio cd's or data cd's....
Do y'all Test these Plextor drives to see which edition of the firmware they come with before you ship them? The version that came with it was from 99.... Does that mean this box was sitting on your shelf for two years? I am about out of patience and ideas at this point...I also don't have this kind of time to waste on this...I am asking you to call Plextor and get some advice from them as well as a reason why the firmware update will not work.. Have downloaded it multiple times and it says it can't find the drive... I also dowloaded the USB drivers from their site.... Let me know what you find out..