View Single Post
Old July 1st, 2002, 12:28 PM

Wallerman,
The only thing that I can think of is that if you check to make sure under your Drives Menu in Microstudio, make sure that there is a check next to Enable BurnProof. If this is not checked this is your problem.

There should be no DMA checkbox for the USB External drives, as you said cause they aren't on the IDE chanell, which contains the DMA. It is possible that your USB drivers may be giving you some grief, or something is slowing your system down, and not allowing the drive to get the data fast enough, to burn it to the CD. Can you try using ONE of your Taiyo Yuden discs, just to see if it will work and make sure its not the Memorex discs?

The other thing you should try is this. Go to Plextors website and download the Latest firmware version for this 40x USB drive. You can get the latest firmware for that drive from: http://www.plextor.com/english/suppo...firm_4012.html

Eric,
I have just looked at your DXDIAG and everything looks fine. THe only thing that I do see is that you would have problems with your Video card that is installed as it is an Intel 810E chipset motherboard, with built in graphics. You wouldn't beable to run the Karaoke Home Producer on this system, because you only have 3.0 MB of Video memory, KHP requires 8.0 MB as a Min. This is not needed for the Microstudio though, so this would have no effect on that.

Everything else looks good, in the system.

Let me know what happens with the Firmware from Plextor.