View Single Post
Old April 15th, 2003, 07:07 PM
Frequent Member

Mitsuis-

...I, too, have been addicted to the Mitsuis or the Apogee version of the same, but just came up permanently empty-handed when I tried to get them from my normal supplier (Washington Pro)....

I'll make a run at Media Supply. Maybe I can get enough to give me 6 months of lead time on an upgrade.

...On the XP front: That is all that I have ever had on this particular machine (Dual PIII 1 gig). As I was trying to describe before, it does reassign interrupts pretty well, but never on the first reboot. There are some peculiarities about shared interuupts, but I built this one from scratch and the motherboard manual was specific enough to help in that regard.....XP Pro has been very solid, but I haven't tried to add Krystal/MTU on yet.

When I installed XP Pro, I followed a fairly specific list of setup and disabling rules that I got both from the old Nuendo site and from a related site by a guy who has figured out the best DAW configurations fro XP....XP Pro also seems to have a more complete onboard set of drivers and hardware recognition files than standard XP.