View Single Post
Old May 15th, 2003, 08:07 PM

Talking Buy Kpro and enjoy!

Mlepine,

Here is a very limited explanation on your issues.

There is a very fine line between what you can and cannot do. At present, you can make backups of records you bought, for your use. You cannot make copies to sell or to give away, whether it’s of a regular CD or one of you singing using someone else’s music. You can make records to sell or give away if you wrote the music yourself, or received a license from the copyright owner(s,) for such purposes.

You are having some fun with music. I don’t think anybody is going to bother you with piracy issues. The legality problems discussed in other threads, are usually related, either to the exchange of copyrighted material, or some venture enterprises, like making recordings of singers at karaoke shows or fairs and then selling these recording to the singers.

I have created many CDGs using FREE midi files acquired from the Internet. I process those files using Edirol’s Virtual Sound Canvass (which makes excellent conversions to WAV files,) I add the lyrics, burn the CDGs and take them to my favorite karaoke places where I sing to my heart’s content.

As I said earlier, you can create CDGs using Kpro but you cannot burned them, for this you'd need MicroStudio.

Here is my advice to you? Buy Kpro and join the world of karaoke creation, you will have a blast!

Best regards,

Jon