View Single Post
Old May 15th, 2003, 04:33 PM

Thumbs down Maybe this would help!

Quote:
Originally posted by Mlepine on Feb 14, 2003
I'm thinking of buying KHPro but I have questions:

1) Is it legal to convert my Midi Files to CDG?

2) Is it legal to convert an instrumental Karaoke cd to CDG?
I bought the cd, do I have the rights just to listen to it?

I'm a little confused here, reading in this Forum I understand how important it is to be legal and I agree but, how can we be 100% legal when we have a cd burner, internet for free Midi Files & mp3?

With KHPro we create our own CDG so where do we get the music in a legal way?

Can someone help me understand this please.

Good questions Mlepine however, In my opinion, you should have asked these questions before you bought MicroStudio. It’s quite evident, by reading some of your posts, that you have been recording for some time. You have good knowledge of MicroStudio as I have read your advice to others forum users.
Go ahead, buy Kpro, you can’t burn with it anyway so legality is not an issue, you already own the program you need to create CDGs and you have been using it.
Quote:
[i]Originally posted by Mlepine on Feb 28, 2003[i/]
I almost feel like I'm working for Yamaha, I keep trying to defend them by saying that both the 3200 & the new model works with cdg's.
I never tried any other brand but I can confirm that the Yamaha burner works fine with Microstudio & other cdg software.

Quote:
[i]Originally posted by Mlepine on March 27, 2003[i/]

Can you please give me more info like; Which Windows version your using? The Yamaha burner's seems to be allergic to DMA, I own the Yamaha 3200E & lucky me it works fine with the graphic.

Quote:
[i]Originally posted by Mlepine on March 28, 2003[i/]

Start, Control Panel, System, Hardware..., click on the + in front of CD-Rom, click on the Yamaha... Now click on Properties (bottom left of window) or right click on Yamaha... Now click on Parameters & remove the check on DMA & auto insert.
Start with the CD-Rom first & Restart (You'll have no choice)
Now Try Microstudio to see if it's working properly after the 9th song.

Quote:
[i]Originally posted by Mlepine on May 6, 2003[i/]
It is in fact possible to record our self (All Digital) while reading the words.

All you need is a good sound card with the multiplex capability like a SB Live or SB Audigy 1 or 2.

Now the only problem, MicroStudio goes to mute as soon as you open another program! It will not be possible to record your self when using MicroStudio, if they can remove this MUTE effect, you’re in business.

I do my own recording at home and sometimes my friend really believe I went to a studio.

Where did you get the music to do your recording? Was it originally written by you?

If you are really interested in legalities issues, I suggest you follow the link supplied by George when he answered your questions on your first post.

http://forum.mtu.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2275

Best regards,

Jon

Last edited by jaddams; May 15th, 2003 at 08:16 PM.