View Single Post
Old June 26th, 2005, 04:51 PM

equipment

Hi Sam
Currently I am not using Boze That does't mean That I wouldn't later on. I did look at the Boze website and went Gasp at the cost of a basic system. I guess I would have to hear it and especially have to sing on that system to overcome the price tag I know I won't be buying one soon I just spent a large chunk of money for the Computer and hoster Software.
What I am currently using are two separate systems I have one at work a Yamaha EMX 660 which is 600 watts RMS at 4ohms. hooked to this I have a Pair of Peavey Black Widow 12 inch Floor monitors that I can mount on speaker stands and 2 CGM 12 inch Floor monitors for the singer. I use it in a fairly large room or outside and it has terrific sound. I work in a Drug and Alcohol treatment center. My patients love doing sober Karaoke. I now run most everything off my laptop. I previously used a JVC 303 Player and a DVD/CDG player for DVD disks. I now use just the DVd as a back up or to play the DVD songs.
My second system is a Peavey 696 F with Feedback control circuits It will pump out 1200 watts and I have two Yamaha 15 in markIV club speakers, and two Peavey 15in Black widow Monitors connected to it. I use it for Outside and private gigs. I have no shortage of power and could play to a crowd of 10,000 if neccesary. I already had both systems before I got into Karaoke. I really don't do Bar room Karaoke anymore. I suffer from line rotation problems just like everyone else but the Hoster program really helps in that area. My theory about that is that I try to get people who have never sang Karaoke in their life to get up and sing. I will get them in ahead of regulars if I have that information in hand so they don't get discouraged and never sing or never come back My allegiance is with the singer not the guy buying drinks. The owner can worry about it. I have a great selection of songs and if they want to go down the street and put up with the KJ who is singing every other song (That happened to me in Savannah GA) then let them. I will get them up as fast as humanly possible. What I love most about Hoster is when someone is called who already left, I can just go on to the next song/singer cause it is already to go. Thanks to Hoster and MTU for making Sober Karaoke the best it Can be.
John