View Single Post
Old June 26th, 2005, 07:01 AM
VIP

That's cool there are so many PAS users here. I made the mistake of mentioning I use PAS over at JOLT and it seemed to bring all the idiots out of the woodwork to criticize it even though none of em had heard it in a professional setting and some had never heard it period.

Any way
Quote:
Not to get off the original question, but I have been looking at the Bose PAS, can anyone give me your pros & cons to the system? Have heard it at 2 Guitar Centers, one sounded ok, the other not so good, since everyone likes the sound I have now, it's scary thinking of changing for the money. And - are you using 1 or 2 towers? I'd appreciate any input1
My experience was GC was not a good place to get a demo. You really need to find a band or DJ that's using them to check em out.

Pros: 170 degree sound coverage side to side (which is why you can get away with using 1 if necessary).
They are very feedback resistant (not proof).
Incredible clarity.
very little volume drop off over distance
Just to name a few

Cons:Very expensive. $2300 USD for a double bass PAS
Because of the expense you won't want to leave them setup over night for fear that someone will screww around with them or steal them.
People dont realize they are speakers in a dark room so some will want to lean on them.
Great side to side coverage but no up and down coverage IE if theres a balcony they won't hear it.
You'll have to put up with self-proclaimed no-it-all audio experts who will try to tell you why Bose can't possibly sound better than their stuff (does it sound like I'm venting).

I'm using 2 double bass systems. In my humble opinion 1 sounds great, two is awsome.

Sam