View Single Post
Old September 12th, 2008, 08:58 PM
VIP

I don't have a story as good as these. I do get a lot of the usual "My boyfriend/girlfriend is an awesome singer, you've got to let them sing,everybody will love it." This is usually aft the end of night when there's no time for them.

I did have an awesome singer one time tell me after a showl that she was an up and coming singer with a music video comeing out in a few months. I told her I'd watch for it. Her genre was hip-hop (I'm a country boy) so if she had a video/song come out I missed it. She was a very pleasant person with nothing to gain by mentioning it (actually her friend brought up the subject), so I don't think she was fibbing.

I had a guy one time claim to be Tone Loc and he give me $100 if I played a Tone Loc song (as soon as his driver returned, because HE didn't carry cash), I had a little dead time so I played an old Tone Loc music video. The guy disappeared after an hour. Someone told me later this guy goes around to bars with that story to try and get people to buy him drinks.

Sam