View Single Post
Old September 4th, 2008, 04:03 AM

I actually started accidently. I was singing karaoke in California at a show, when the KJ asked me if I wanted a part-time job filling in for him whenever he's on vacation. I thought, sure. Around the same time, another KJ asked me the same, and once again, I said sure. Between the two, I had pretty regular gigs going at a good rate of pay (especially since it wasn't my set-up). After I left Cali, I went to Colorado. Once again, at another show, the KJ asked if I wanted a job, and if I did, I should swing by the karaoke store and fill out an application. Once the owner found out I knew every song on DK's original 1-99, and more, she gave me the job. I've moved quite a bit since, but am now in Florida. I usually get asked at shows if I'm a KJ or would like to be one. That's how I usually fall into it. I don't find it - it finds me.

Although I enjoy karaoke, I DO NOT enjoy the drunken morons who come up on stage abusing the mic, taking their clothes off, spouting profanity, or SCREAM into the mic. (There are a lot of really STUPID people out there.) I personally like the audience seat better than the KJ seat. I give you full timers a lot of credit... I just don't like people enough.