View Single Post
Old May 28th, 2006, 11:01 PM
Frequent Member

...You have to go real time, sorry....

I went through this with MTU a couple or three years ago, and this is one of the reasons I ended up putting my MTU computer on the shelf.

Microeditor only recognizes and creates 16-bit .wav files, or so I have been told. It will, however, record 24 bit files via the digital port in real time. That is your one option.....Another, which I have never pursued, is to change the header of your files so that they will work as .sf files. I think I remember Charles Lawson saying that this could be done, but I have never had a full explanation as to how, nor a response from him or MTU in this regard.....My memory is that Charles said he could take the files over to Cool Edit to do some work on them, then take them back to MEdit.....I just don't know how he made the trip back...

I requested for the work to be done to allow recognition of BroadcastWave files in 24bits (with or without the time stamp headers, which would have been very, very useful as well) as a means of giving the MicroEditor system some more usable life....I am pretty sure I did this in 2001, or possibly early 2002. In any case, the ultimate answer was no.

It took me a year or so to find a useful replacement. When I did, MicroEditor slowly migrated into storage.

I'm using the FR-2 as well. My "useful replacement" (Wavelab) has no problems with these files, nor do any of the other 3 programs I use.