View Single Post
Old December 7th, 2008, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monolithent View Post
Not disagreeing with you by any means. I love Mackies. If I had the money to afford them for my systems I would. My preference over them is Soundcraft or Allen & Heath. Even then not every Soundcraft. I have my subs running off one of the Crown CE2000 amps and it sounds very good.

There are several good amps on the market. I listened to many of them back to back. The Behringer had just as good a sound as nearly any of them and was the lowest cost. Without real measuring equipment I will guarantee not too many people can tell the difference between them. Don't misunderstand. I love other brands and there were others that sounded better but I didn't see why I would spend that much more money for something that didn't sound that much better.
yes thats true some people might not be able to tell, but i'm pretty sure i could ( i have bought a few of them, i had 6 of them at one time) peaveys, mackies, qsc's,non of them in my opinion sounded better than the 2 crowns i have, not even the mackie amp. ( and i love Mackies ).. i have listen to Behringers, as a matter of fact i bought a Behringer board a while back and it was cheap like you said ( just can't remember the models name, i know it was a digital one ) it just didnt have the sound i was looking for, it didnt sound good to my ears, so i ended up selling it to a friend of mine after a few days, and they like it..same thing with subs, there are subs that has a short throw and a long throw, and i'm pretty sure that most people buys a sub w/o knowing what kind of subs they're buying..( thats another topic )

Last edited by billyo; December 7th, 2008 at 08:52 PM.