View Single Post
Old August 5th, 2009, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddouglass View Post
First thing I noticed is your Firmware for the 712 is way out of date. Plextor's latest for that drive is version 1.09, so you need to go to Plextor's web page and get the update.
Have you been doing the Microsoft Updates on this machine? If not you should update it for security and all the fixes they put out for XP. Be sure to go to their Update Page and do the "Custom" updates. Get all except the Hardware updates as these tend to be generic and usually wrong.
Do you have any other burning programs installed?
The next question is what have you installed or changed between when it worked and now?
Excellent logic...was thinking that myself, BUT, the machine rarely if ever goes on the net...so in theory, not changing anything, nothing should have stopped working. I could fire it up and do those updates. When I go to the Plextor site, what verbage am I looking for...driver update or something like that??

As to additions...I added CloneCD, and possibly AudioGrabber recently. Maybe I may have to try uninstalling them. That may be the only change I made at all...