Thread: Bose L1 System
View Single Post
Old March 21st, 2009, 05:17 PM
VIP

Question Bose Monitors?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Reid View Post
Kicking around the idea of buying a Bose L1 system. Are there any KJ's using this type of sound system? If so I would like to know what you think of it, and was it worth the investment.
Not just for monitors anymore!

I have been using the Bose L1 original with 2 bass modules, a little over 5 yrs now! Not one glitch! ( I replaced one of the cables for the base modules )

I can play a large room, or a house party, and not have any complaints. Most of my regulars report their complaints about other KJ systems, and I just smile. I know by checking out different shows, when I get the chance, that there are better sounding systems, but as Muzicman mentioned, you don't carry that kind of gear around in the back seat, and that was one of the criteria I weighed when I was looking to replace my original speaker/power amp configuration. Did I mention I weighed the advantages? That's exactly why I purchased the Bose unit! It breaks down to 3 pieces that are light enough that your betterhalf can carry it around ( My Roadie / My girlfriend is 59ish), and won't warp your back trying to push it up on a stand!

Sounds great... you can talk in front of the setup, while it's in operation.... It's now more versatile if you purchase the L2 ( Get the full system with effects mixer, and double base module! as per Muzicman's recommendation! ) which is a little lighter, and compact than the original L1. That will be where my next purchase upgrade would be, knowing what the newer model can do! Kick the tires! Go down and check it out at a Guitar Center Store, listen to it, tear it down, and check out the return/free trial offer that Bose allows, play a couple of practice sessions with it, and see if it doesn't blow you away!

Great investment in my opinion!

Rick
Rikki Tikki Karaoke