View Single Post
Old September 1st, 2016, 06:38 PM
VIP

Re: How do I delete a complete database?

Here is what I did for a friend. He wanted to do away with his external drive and have all of his files on his computer (C drive). I copied all the files from the external drive to the C drive. (For this to work you have to have a working external that is presently setup with Hoster). Make sure when coping the files to the C drive you have them in identical folders as you do on the external drive. For example on my setup I have the karaoke songs in a folder called "Karaoke Songs" on my external drive. If you have yours in a similar way just copy that entire folder to the C drive. After you have done this open the edit page in the tools menu at the top of the main Hoster page. When you open the edit page, at the top you will see "My drive has changed". Hopefully you have a later version of Hoster and this is present. Click on "My Drive Has Changed" and give it a few seconds. A box will open asking you what drive letters you want changed. Example the external drive is E and you want the new drive to be C. Click on this and let it do it's thing. When completed you will have your exact setup you had except everything will be on the C drive. Make sure you backup Hoster under the "help" menu before you do this and ALSO make sure you have enough room on your C drive before you attempt this. The general rule of thumb is you should keep about 25% of your drive clear, give or take. This worked fine for me and it was easy and straight forward.

Toshiba Qosmio Laptop; Windows 10, Intel I7, 32GB Ram, Graphics: 3GB GDDR5 Nvidia GeForce GTX 770M
With Optimus Technology, Optical Drive: Blue-ray Disc Rewriteable (BD-RE) / DVD SuperMultic Drive, Intel Dual Band Wireless-N 7260 2x2 AC Plus Bluetooth 4.0, LED Backlit Keyboard, 512 GB Samsung Solid State Drive and 4.0 TB and 1.5 TB Hard Drives, 4 USB 3.0 Ports. Breakaway Audio Enhancer

Toshiba Satellite Laptop; Windows 10, Intel I7, 6GB Ram, Intel HD Graphics 3000, 256 GB Solid State Drive, Breakaway Audio Enhancer. 3 TB External WD Caviar Green Hard Drive.