View Single Post
Old April 2nd, 2002, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by tinman
Contest are also for those people to invite friends out to hear them sing in a contest.. Those of you who don't (minority) probably cant sing or would never win a contest. Remember in our contest there are no professionals and I know. also people pay closer attention to those singers on that nite unlike other nites. one other thing: I am surprised at myself for keeping this thread going and wondering why the important threads of questions and concerns are not.. (i had problems but no resolve yet) thanks
I applolgize, for posting this "unimportant" thread! I thought this was for KJ's to discuss the "biz" and for them to get input both from other KJ's and singers. Contests, rotation, and many other subjects impact our profession and I thought it was important. It certainly is for me, as I have three of my clients who want contests and I am leary of them. I thought I could get input so as to make them better.

Are you a KJ Tinman? If you have absolutely no problems with contests and are a KJ, then you must have a "perfect" system for running it and I'd love for you to share your success with us. I personally have been in karaoke since the late 80's and as my original post stated, have never seen one come off without a hitch!?

By the way, I think your post may have been intended to basically say that they're for fun and not to be taken too seriously, and I have to say that I couldn't agree more with that sentiment. However, we do not live in a perfect world, and unfortunately, singers in my area take it way too seriously and there feelings do get hurt. Again sorry, for the "unimportant" thread.

By the way, what problems do you have that we may help you out with, that you are not receiving help for. I may not know the answer, but I'd be glad to help you out if I can.