View Single Post
Old May 6th, 2013, 05:05 PM
VIP

Re: Karaoke with Laptop only???

I would go with something like the Yamaha MG124CX. Great board, compression on mic channels, decent effects built in.
For speakers you could go with a couple Mackie Thump TH-15A. Decent sounding speakers for the price.
I would also highly recommend adding a separate USB sound card interface like the Lexicon Alpha. It will make a night & day difference in the music coming from the laptop over the build in headphone jack.

Misc cords would be needed but all above (minus cords and mics) would run around $1000.
Might even consider adding the program Breakaway Audio Enhancer (you can demo test it for 30 days). A handful of people have sadi they experienced problems, but I think it has to do with wrong settings myself, I run it on all my computers without any problems. It helps normalize the volume of anything coming out of the computer - since different manus (and even sometimes within the same manu) don't record at the same volumes or have different finalizing processes, it really can make a difference as well and it's cheap!

With a $1000 budget system, the brass tips aren't going to make a huge audible impact over standard connectors. Save your money. I do recommend buying cords with a lifetime warranty though - you don't have to go as far as expensive as say Monster cords. I haven't paid for new cords in over 15 years. Bring them straight back to Guitar Center & exchange for new.

Show PC Lenovo nVidia 3.2ghz proc
Win 8.1 64bit
Vid: nVidia GT720 2gb mem
Aud: Lexicon Alpha
Mem: 8gb ram
HD: 1tb int/1tb int
Test PC ASUS AMD 4ghz 8 core proc
Win 7 Pro 32 bit

Vid: LP Radeon HD 5450 Video Card - 1GB
Aud: Lexicon Omega USB I/O Interface
Mem: 16gb ram
HD: 1TB/1TB

Like us on Facebook http://facebook.com/lonmanproductions

Last edited by Lonman; May 6th, 2013 at 05:12 PM.