View Single Post
Old March 18th, 2012, 04:20 PM
Administrator

Re: Hoster 5.06 Bug Reports

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitd9922 View Post
I used this upgrade last night with no problems. Tonight, the audio just stopped working. When I restarted the program, the same thing. And it's not the computer! I just fired it up when I got home and the same thing. Please test this **** before you cram these "upgrades" down our throats! I would love to have my 3.16? version back! Screw these upgrades!!
1. Let me get this straight, the first night it ran perfectly. Now that says Hoster ran. Period. The second night, the audio stops. Now that says your computer is at fault. Software is bits and they don't change unless your Hard Drive is failing and some of Hoster is in a bad sector, which CAN change the bits. Or a section of your RAM is failing and that changed the Hoster code. Either way, your report definitely points to your computer failing, not Hoster.

2. Did you make the REQUIRED upgrades to Windows? Look in the manual. If not, that may be your problem.

3. Coming from 3.316 is a MASSIVE upgrade, and if you decide to go to Compuhost, which we have many who came from them to Hoster for "various problems", that WON'T solve your problem either.

4. There were 20 Beta versions of 5.06 we sent out and our excellent team of Beta Testers hammered it more than you can imagine. Be careful insulting them, they are the people here who help you.

5. You can return to 3.316 without problems. Just go to Control Panel, Add Remove Programs and remove 5.06. Then find your Hoster3316setup.exe file and run it. It will install 3.316 again. We didn't add the Singers Database until 4.00, so you don't have one to restore, but 5.06 would have made a backup copy to make it simple to return to a back version.

6. You've been with us a long time. March 8, 2007 was when 3.316 was released, that's 7 years ago. You have a SEVEN YEAR OLD COMPUTER! I'm surprised Hoster ran the fist night at all! No one forced you to upgrade the first weekend 5.06 was released. You should know by now, having not upgraded for 7 years and 66 posts in this Forum, that a MASSIVE upgrade like 5.06 may have problems. The early birds, will catch those problems and we ALWAYS solve them quickly, as proven by our upgrade history.

I suggest you either;
  • Try to work with us in this Forum to tell us FACTS about what you are seeing, hearing, etc. and what you are trying to do - step by step to give us facts, not emotions. We will try to help you identify what is wrong with your computer, if you can work with us. If not...

• Remove 5.06 and reinstall 3.316 so you can stay with your system you know worked for 7 years.