View Single Post
Old July 2nd, 2009, 06:26 AM
VIP

Intermission screen is my Karaoke Logo... it might flash a few times long enough for somebody to notice it... but never long enough to read a marquee string longer than 5-10 seconds, or a video (if I had one). I run in auto mode for my shows, and never break for the 3-4 hrs that the show runs... I play a different playlist of audio music prior to Karaoke show ( OTS DJ Program) if time allows... according to the needs and wants of the venue... if they have a jukebox, then I don't infringe on their need to earn the extra $5 - 10 bucks... and the clientele knows enough not to stuff in a bunch of $$$ for songs that they will have to wait 4 hrs to hear, if it's close to showtime!

You've got to work with management, and educate the clientele as you build your gigs... communicate, and let everybody be in on the decisions that will keep the peace... better to lay down the rules and proceedures prior too, than having to make a good customer mad at you for wasting that quarter ( $ ).

Dancing during Karaoke show is encouraged, but a couple of my venues has limited dance areas, and I'm usually trying to find extra seating capacity to seat a good crowd... but put on a line dance at the end of the night, and the dance floor magically appears...

Rick
Rikki Tikki Karaoke