Thread: keyrite again
View Single Post
Old April 24th, 2007, 12:20 PM
Administrator

When you re-install Windows, if other items in your computer have changed, that breaks our security. That is your problem. Our software allows you to install it as many times every day, every week, every month, every year as you want to until your fingers are sore from typing. The IP address the order is placed from has nothing to do with our security. You are guessing, and way off base at that. We have many users who buy our software, and give it as a gift to others who don't know how to buy on-line.

As much as you want to blame MTU, we have MANY TENS OF THOUSANDS of users who never have a problem installing our software. I'm sorry you are frustrated, but your computer or your use of your computer is the cause of your problems, not MTU. There is not a professional software company in existence today that doesn't have security to protect their products. If we didn't have it, you wouldn't be visiting MTU.com because we'd be out of business. If you really hate us that much, don't use our software.

I have deleted one of you TWO Keyrite registration records for you so you can install Keyrite again. When I reviewed the database records, the security failure is NOT as a result of your ONLY re-installing Windows. There are significant hardware changes also between the two installations. I did NOT delete the RegRecord that is on the same computer with Microstudio 2.613. And I noted that you also have Microstudio 2.613 on a third different computer.

You are licensed to ONLY RUN one copy of our programs. The SECOND install that we allow is to permit you to upgrade your computer. However, you have chosen to install it on two computers. Thus, you are using your second install for your purposes, not the reason we provide it.

Later this week we are starting on another upgrade of our security to allow our programs to "fix themselves" for just the types of problems you are having. We have been working on the specification for this work for over 2 years. We want to make it as transparent as possible for all users.

In case you don't know, you can get a FREE Keyrite 2.012 upgrade if you ruin Keyrite, click the Help menu, then click the "Check for Updates" command. The web page that appears contains a DOWNLOAD button. Click it, save it to your computer, find it, double click it, and select UPDATE versus Install. You can read about the changes from your version at this page.