View Single Post
Old May 21st, 2002, 12:47 PM

Lightbulb

I developed a pretty good MicroSoft Access database that has several features you might be interested in. To populate the database, I designed a form that has drop down boxes for several fields that makes data entry allot cleaner and faster (i.e. - Music Style (Pop, New Country, Old Country, etc.), Music Type (i.e. - Vocals, Karaoke)). You can label the CD # and Track # however you like during data entry. I use numbers like 1 - 250, which I label on the CD and on the case. You also can make several types of printouts which is the real benefit of this database (By Singers last name, By Song Title, By CD #). A special note of interest here. The database has a first name and last name field. So, whatever you put in the last name column is what gets sorted (A-Z). And the nice thing is, on the printout, it combines the first and last name so you see the full name for readability. You also can make printouts for you copied CD jackets. This printout has the songs listed in order with the CD # real big at the top. You just print them out, cut once and fold before inserting into the jacket. This makes it real conveinient for all those copied CDs that don't have a song list. I do this for all my CDs since I make backups of everything and keep the master copy out of harms way. If you are interested, I could send you copies of the printouts. Of course, I didn't do all this work for nothing so I'll have to ask a price for all my perfecting of this database. And yes, I'll support it and custom design it for you if you are the type that likes things just so. ;)

Ken