View Single Post
Old May 1st, 2002, 07:12 PM

Fast Tracks Plus

Yea, KJ Pro is ok, but updating is a little more expensive than it should be. I also noted the same problems you encountered, but another thing that bugs me about KJ Pro is this:

You enter in the catalog number of the disc and it adds the track number and all is well. However in my case, I wanted the song books to print a number more to my needs so I had cases for the discs and labeled them A, B, C, D, E, and F. Then gave each slot in the case a number 1 through 99. I renamed the discs to coincide with their location so that a SC-8159 would print A32 instead. The singer finds the song and writes A32-?? and I just grab holder A, disc 32 and bam, no trying to remember where in my holders that disc is.

However, KJ Pro erases the catalog number and replaces it with the new number, making going back impossible. Then I couldn't print a disc list that had all the mfg numbers, making it much more difficult for me to keep from buying the same disc again.

I would suggest KJ Pro make a "stock number" field so that if I enter my number I can choose to print the list with either mfg number or stock number.

Anyway, thought I'd share my problem and will look at fast track plus. Thanks for the tip! By the way, where can I get it?