View Single Post
Old November 18th, 2004, 01:59 AM

Re: Copy and record a mix of Audio and CD+g tracks

Quote:
When you click the cdg button, will microstudio bring up .wav files to add to custom compilation list? Or will it just show you .cdg file ext's?

We need to clear up terminology here. Let's call a cdg disc "Karaoke CD+G", and the other listening disc as "Audio" (Microstudio terms).

When you select to burn a Karaoke CD+G disc, only cdg files will be recognized as useable in your compilation. For an Audio disc, only wave files

Finally got my fingers dirty and changed the extension of .wav to .cdg on some files. As George correctly said, although Microstudio included these files in a compilation with other legitimate cdg files, the compilation would not burn and I got the "Invalid Cue Sheet" message.

When you take a normal Audio disc and import the tracks as CDG, these files are useable in a "Karaoke CD+G" compilation and you can burn the disc. You can have Karaoke with graphics and songs with no graphics all on the same disc. However the files used to create the disc will all have the .cdg extension. I wouldn't say that the files created this way were ever "Wave" files, but that's just me.