View Single Post
Old August 20th, 2007, 09:05 PM
VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpayne View Post
Read Admin's post above. It could be that they are using max compression when they zip those files. If so, songverter will rewrite them as zip files using standard compression. They say some programs do not handle zip files with max compression well and their zip to zip conversion makes it better. I did not try it. If I had, it's possible that when I imported it into Hoster it might not have had as many snowflakes etc. The song is usuable the way it is but should have been perfect. I am not saying in any way that Hoster will not handle max compression zip files. I am saying that if you have songverter you should probably do a zip to zip conversion on it before importing it as surely you could not get a better file to import.
Zipping has no effect on the lyric file (.cdg), even if it did it would be random and different each time I downloaded the song which it was not. The max compression Admin refered to is an issue only because some programs including Hoster (at the time of this posting) can not play it, it will produce an error when attempted. Since I either edit the mp3 or cdg files or both before I use them I unzip them first anyhow and import as mp3g instead of as a zip. I know Hoster will play the zips as downloaded from buykaraokedownloads so they are apparently not max compressed.

Quote:
P.S. Go to Tricerasofts website where they offer their songs for $1.49. Their download page looks almost exactly the same as buykaraokdownload's does. To me their is clearly some association. The files you are getting from buykaraokedownloads could be the same files you would get if you bought from Tricerasoft and therefore be max compression zip files.
I checked out tricerasofts site. Except for Panorama they both sell different brands, there song browsing and selecting are different and their shopping cart is different. I didn't purchase anything so I don't know what the download page looked like. I couldn't see any similarities between the two.
Tricerasoft did make a statement about their downloads being legal which Buykaraokedownload did not.