View Single Post
Old September 5th, 2002, 08:27 AM

You guys are too kind, thanks.
Nashjar, don't misunderstand regarding Goldwave. It in no way replaces any MTU product. It is an audio editing software that lets you perform various functions that alter audio files to suit your needs, including inserting silence, removing 'pops" and "clicks" from audio files you've transferred from older scratched lp's, and many more.
I would never tout a competitive product on another company's website. I think it is indicitive of low ethical standards.Just my opinion.

Once you become more familiar with the MTU line, you'll have no regrets regarding your purchase, I certainly never have.

Have you ever heard the expression "I was so busy fighting alligators I forgot I came to drain the swamp"? I do know that's the position the guys at MTU are in at the moment, due to pressing deadlines on a major product development. They are a small company and they wear many hats. This is no excuse for them, just a reason. Also, support may not have gotten involved seeing the detail I went in to, figuring the problem was being taken care of.

I can't figure specifically what's not working for you. Is the program just not working, or perhaps are you using some songs where there's not much apparant removal? That's a likelyhood, as the degree of removal can swing from almost total to almost none, and all points in between depending on the recording.

Another possibility is perhaps you got a corrupted download, or installation if it was off a cd. Try uninstalling, reboot, and install fresh. Good practice to re-boot after uninstalling to clear out any files in memory.

If that doesn't do it, due to your work schedule, try emailing support with your problem.

support@mtu.com

Thanks again,

George

Last edited by George; September 15th, 2002 at 04:05 PM.