View Single Post
Old March 30th, 2004, 08:15 PM

Need Microboards QD-2 Help!!!

I recently purchased a used QD-2 off of e-bay and was copying my CD+G's with no problem untill I hit #80. During copying disc #80 the machine quit reacting and never finished the copy process. I ejected the copy and 12 1/2 of 16 songs copied and will play. After that the tray where the original goes would not go back in until I powered down and back on. this happened again later that day only part of the disc copied and then locked up. With exception of the previously mention 2 times that it made a partial copy the machine when start is pressed just spits out the original cd. Keep in mind that I had already coppied 80 disc's with no problem. Microboards wants to blame the Masters saying that the Maste is bad but I tried some of the masters that were previously seccessful as well as purchasing a brand new Audio CD and got the same problem. It spits it out before it can read the disc to determin if there is a problem with the Master or not. Has anyone had similar problems with the QD-2 or a CD Rom before. Please Help!

I know that the drives are AFREEY Model #CD-2052E. Anyone heard of problems with this model before. Seems almost like the cd is not turning or the laser reader is not transporting. By the way I get the same problem regardless of mode I'm in. HELP!

Thanks
John