View Single Post
Old March 30th, 2015, 11:40 PM

Re: how many of you use compressers ?

Behringer makes an 18" "pro" sub and regular sub., depending on your amp wattage. I have used both. The regular is all you need unless you are in the 1000 watt/ch. range on your mains. You'll need at least 2000 w/ch. for the pro. Another way to use the DriveRack PA+ is to set up floor monitors. With the calibration mic "sold separately", you can set up each speaker as stereo pairs or individual mono speakers, each with different EQ. In this fashion, you can use even more of the board at once. Normally for monitors, I use the mid pair and use a lower high shelf than the main. The crossover points can be moved to overlap or not. To hook it up you need XLR balanced cables from mixer. For the speakers, one pair per amp balanced XLR. They have a locking tab that keeps them from accidentally being unplugged. When you are using that many wires, it's peace of mind. One last thing. A common error with rookies, pardon my term, is to use 1/4" signal wires for speaker wires. They fit, so some people think you can use them. You can not. You could test with a small wattage of power, but they are not the same impedance or resistance. This could damage your amp. 12 or 14 gauge wire from Home Depot made for lamps etc. is not the right wire either. You can only use speaker wire for speakers unless they are powered speakers.