View Single Post
Old September 21st, 2011, 11:11 AM

Re: Hoster 5.03 Bug Reports

Hi Roy,
Thanks for the response. My songs are not an an external drive, but on a second hard drive installed within the laptop. I replaced the songs.mdb, with an older copy (prior to the update), but I took your advice, and deleted the songs.mdb file and rebuilt the songs database. I received the *same* exact results, which is that hoster starts, but when I try to play any song, from any mode, the song stops immediately. Hoster does not crash.

I've seen similar results happen when the songs.mdb reports that a song file has a duration of 0 (such as what happens when a zip file is imported that is corrupt), but that is not the case here. I have Access 2010 installed on the system, and can open the songs.mdb file. The songs appear to have the correct durations, in comparision with an older songs.mdb.

This happens on both KMA and KMZ files. I tried re-importing a karaoke song, but while the importing seems to work, the karaoke song will not play.

This same thing happens if I try to play a .mp3 file. If I turn on the background audio function, it just highlights one song after another, but plays none of them. It continues to the end of the list.

The problem appears to be with playing an audio file. The code cannot access the file and just appears to move on to the next file.

Other functions seem to work, such as editing a song, or looking up a song.

I have tried installing an older version of hoster (5.02.07), but the same results here as well.

Here are my technical details:

Dell XPS 702X
Windows 6 Professional 64 bit
Intel Core i7-2630QM CPU @ 2.00 Ghz
4 Cores/8 Threads
6 GB RAM
Songs on secondary 640 GB HD.

==> What else do you need to diagnose?