View Single Post
Old May 8th, 2002, 11:04 AM

Well Lauraine, we all know the old cliche, "Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery!"

I try with each song to mark it with my own individual style, but if I copy the phasing, or the style of another artist, it's only because I surprise myself, that I am able to do it, period! I sometimes say, "Gee, I sound like the Bee Gees on Words..." So, I just follow the way Robin, Maurice and Barry did it. I do the same thing with "She's Not There," by the Zombies, but I guess it about ends there. Colin Blunstone I'm not! Or was that Blundstone? Now, when I do Rick Astley's "Never Gonna Give You Up," I sometimes "WISH" I sounded as good as him on that song, but that one is purely me and my style. In the end, it all sounds pretty good anyway. (Pat on the back...)

So, I guess if I can add something to the song from the original artist, I do and I will, but usually it comes out sounding like MusicBear. For whatever that is worth!

BTW, good to see a post from you Laurain, I've been away from this board for a bit, but glad to be back!

MusicBear
MusicBear's International Web Site!