View Single Post
Old May 17th, 2011, 07:06 PM
Administrator

Re: Recording Singers

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilioM View Post
I was thinking about what would it take to record singers on a cd while performing at a gig. I have a passive mixer and a power amp. The mics are all plugged into the mixer. The music comes out of the 3.5mm socket through a 3.5mm plug that splits to two 1/4" jacks with two 1/4"-1/4" cables that plug into the mixer. The way I see it, Microstudio plays in the computer which as far as signal is primary. The signal goes to the mixer (secondary), and then to the amp. I would need to somehow connect the mics to the computer so mic and music would be both in the primary (computer) so that Microstudio, which is also in the computer (primary) would be able to record it. Does anyone have any ideas how I could accomplish this while performing at a gig with the amplified music and mic?
JRMerc, we did extensive research and coding to allow you to "align" the microphone inpu with the music so there is no perceived delay. This allows for overdubbing multiple takes, either of music instruments or multiple vocal parts.

To use this capability, you want to record in Microstudio, with the Mic input directly to Microstudio where we are mixing, and not through your Mix console. You can use a Mic preamp in the mixer and feed it to Microstudio.

The resulting recorded file, assuming you took the time to align the Mic to the music, will have the vocals in sync in the saved .wav file.

All you need to do is burn the CD for them.

DISCLAIMER: BE CAREFUL! If you are recording them singing YOUR song that they did not bring in or pay for, it is technically illegal for you to give or sell them a copy.