View Single Post
Old June 30th, 2008, 02:04 PM

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by kedmison View Post
Never been to one. I do know the last thing you want to do at my show is say anything negative about the music or a singer. Our small stage area is just to the right as you walk in. That's where I am located also. Something strange about the acoustics; you can hear what's being said sometimes 4 or 5 tables away. (My wife can't understand how I can hear that far with all the music, yet at home can't hear across the table. I just shrug my shoulders and grin.)

If I hear someone saying anything negative; which is not very often anymore; I will take time out to tell them "by mic" that negative comments about me are ok. Tell me your problem. But if you don't like like the music or the singer then you have an option. 1. you can't pick something out that you want to sing; or 2. find someone who will sing it for you or 3. We have a front door and a back; take your pick." This usually brings a chorus of applause.

Kelly
I guess some people forget the true purpose of Karaoke. It is fun entertainment, everybody wants to have a chance to sing or try to sing. You laugh, and applaud and there it goes, don't make a big deal about it anymore. I have a guy I know, monotone voice, and he admits he's bad, but we don't care, we like him, he has the attitude for Karaoke...So he is always on my mail list, and he comes to my shows.

Its unfortunate if one should dictate what singers will sing. I'll admit that some times I get a little upset about some "good" singers singing the same song, but I'll tell that person to try to be a bit adventurous have fun with it and try a different song.

I'll tell people at the beginning of my show that this is for fun, for people to have a good time.
System #1
Dell Latitude E6400 Pentium Duo Core
Windows 7 Professional
4GB RAM
8xDVD-RW
320GB hard disk drive
160 GB External HD USB