View Single Post
Old October 6th, 2003, 04:41 PM

KAPA

According to a Canadian anti-pirating site (CAKE), KAPA is in fact the political arm of Sound Choice...check them out...

http://www.dogandponysound.com/cake.htm

C.A.K.E. states that KAPA is "Sound Choice's own internally founded and financed branch for copyright protection and enforcement" (bottom of home page)

You'll notice that the KAPA site has no area for you to get info on the operators of the organization or to E-Mail them.

Also..."DKKaraoke" is NOT listed as a supporting member..buy their music instead of those listed.

KAPA's statements are only Sound Choices OPINIONS..and have no legal weight..federal and state laws vary...and the legal opinion of Judges can also....like the IRS Code..each person must read the law for himself...get expert legal advise...make his own desicion about his back-up copies and hope an overzealous and Jealous KJ (one without a computer) won't come sneakin' round his show the see if he is using a "copy".

While I support the effort to stop multiple copying and distribution
of copyrighted material....prosecuting people for making and using ONE back-up copy of legally obtained disc's is going too far.
Believe me, I have spent far more money on computer hardware and software than I would have spent on simply buying two sets of everthing.

In my opinion...Anyone who has legally obtained an original copyrighted cd+g..makes a back-up copy..can them use that copy for the same intended purpose as the original ( public performance ) to keep the originals safe. And if his originals are stolen...still be allowed to use that copy in public....I am not making any "profit" from this copy, this is "personal" and not "commercial" use. "Personally" using it for it's intended purpose(public performance)and not "commercially" selling it or making mutiple copies for my other eight shows.

This is personal to me....I had over 3000 cd+g's stolen from me some years ago...my buisiness insurance would not cover it because it was a"partner" who stole it and skipped town. So now that I have the ability to protect my investment...I intend to...and only hope that if some "KAPA NAZI" does discover my "crime" , a reasonable Judge or Jury might see it otherwise...(by the way...if someone does harasse you...you can always SUE THEM for harrasement..America is still a great country.

Remember... the burden of proof is on the accuser and the prosecution... don't be intimidated by Sound Choice/KAPA

AND DON'T BUY SOUND CHOICE PRODUCTS!!!!

And Support "EFF" an organization trying to protect comsumers rights..Check them out...

http://www.eff.org/