View Single Post
Old February 15th, 2008, 07:55 PM
VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monolithent View Post
All in all a very good amp for the price but if you can afford it there are other better amps in that power range. I've been given to understand that the EP 2500 is just a redesign of a QSC 2500 watt amp for a lower price. I don't know if that is true but I've looked at both and the setups are surprisingly similar. But I can tell you that the EP2500 does what it is supposed to do if you don't try to kill it and the price is pretty easy to swallow too.
It is essentially the QSC RMX2450. Behringer is famous for taking designs from other manus & copying - sometimes down to the circuitry. They once had a recording board that was nearly idientical to the Mackie version they copied, so much so that some of the parts were actually interchangeable. Mackie won a lawsuit over copyright or patent designs - can't remember which, but Behringer had to quit selling & redesign that particular board.
The Ep2500 is an ok amp for the money - not my first choice & honestly would opt for something else even if it meant saving up a little bit more(Carvin DCM series, Crown or QSC) .

Show PC Lenovo nVidia 3.2ghz proc
Win 8.1 64bit
Vid: nVidia GT720 2gb mem
Aud: Lexicon Alpha
Mem: 8gb ram
HD: 1tb int/1tb int
Test PC ASUS AMD 4ghz 8 core proc
Win 7 Pro 32 bit

Vid: LP Radeon HD 5450 Video Card - 1GB
Aud: Lexicon Omega USB I/O Interface
Mem: 16gb ram
HD: 1TB/1TB