View Single Post
Old September 13th, 2010, 11:21 PM
Administrator

Re: Problem with adjust lyrics in KHPro 5.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by George View Post
I see no reason for the adjust lyrics function to have been changed.

The old method was better and easier to use. Everything was accomplished with the mouse. Now we go from the mouse to the keyboard < > and the CTRL key. It's not near as user friendly, and doesn't seem to function as well either.

Duets or no I may go back to my older version. Day to day ease of use is more important to me than the occassional duet, and I do work with KHP almost every day.

Sorry,

George
Well, the adjust lyrics had to be changed to make it possible to do duets without spending hours per song. Should I regret that we added that function, or that we changed how Adjusting works? No, I don't.

George, as we always run into with existing users, the "old way" is what you are accustomed to using. Thus, there is a learning curve.

First, if you are spending so much time as you imply adjusting highlighting on miss-tapped words, you should reconsider placing the lyrics again. Unless you are different from us at MTU, and others who use KHPro daily also, you will do a faster and better job replacing the lyrics than editing many of them.

We didn't change the screen format or dimensions to make the "look and feel" identical for the majority of our users who don't use Adjust Lyrics. To do this, and add the duet line color assignments into the Adjust screen (the only place we perceived they could be added without an entirely new screen... which we chose not to do), we ran out of room to have four buttons (<, >, Ctrl+<, Ctrl+>) to mouse click.

This is the old "keyboardist" -vs- "mouser" -vs- "both" GUI. Yes, we now only provide keys to be used during the adjust operation. However, I see that as a minor relearning. I"m sure you may disagree, but once you have your selected word, and you use the Alt+n keys to initiate Adjust Play, it's simple to move your right hand two keys to the right and position over the < and > keys. The Ctrl key pressed with the left hand is no problem. Now, if you are demanding to be a 100% "mouser", then I can see my argument falls on deft ears.

I hope all the other features we added into 5.00 will make your CDG production easier. It's your choice to use or not use 5.00, but I don't see us adding these buttons back in.