Thread: Karaoke books
View Single Post
Old May 19th, 2006, 12:18 AM

Your're right, it does depend on where. The place I have been doing karaoke regularly for the last 6 years ( Tuesday nights ), is actually the hardest on my books. I have toted up to 20 books in to try to keep everyone happy. Duh! When I started at another place on two other nights, I had 4 title and 2 artists. It worked there, and since I am continually adding new songs, it was getting expensive every time I reprinted new books. I used to have by title and by artist in the same book. Got way too big. I now carry in 5 title and 4 artist. I keep another 10 in the van in case I need to use more. I also use different color books for title and artist, so I can see where they are. But, they are never happy. There is always one table that seems to think THEY need all the books; so, when new people come in......I send the to that table. i hate the people who hang around the table and keep asking...do you have this? do you have that?? Even though I have Hoster, I will send them to find a book, and bring me a filled out slip. I tell them I need to concentrate on the person singing, they need my undivided attention, to make adjustments, and make them sound a good as possible, AND," I will give YOU the same attention when your turn to sing comes up". Works most of the time. I will search for songs for some regulars and an occassional hard to find song.