Thread: Karaoke books
View Single Post
Old April 7th, 2006, 06:18 AM

hmmm books

I play in some real dives sometimes but I make my money. problem is a electric book would get tore up each night cause there are some really stupid drunk kid/no respect people mixed with some of my best customers. My books last about 6months each. biggest problem is people writting on the page and putting back in the plastic sleeve. I buy the 2 binder from dollar store. plastic page covers and tada. cheap and works for me. I have a decent sixe book no 20,000+ but im atleast half way. what I do for my covers is take my cover sheet put it in a sleeveupside down that way the opening in facing down inside the cover of the binder so the beer if spilled goes in the binder cover it dont get my cover sheet wet.

other thing I do is I bought a large shipment of tiny keychain lights. I use fising line to keep them tied to a zipper on my puches under the front cover. if its in a dark part of the room they can use the light.. I use fishing line since of course they steal them from time to time. Fishing line breaks when they want it to and is clear so its neater than string.

lots of people love em expecially the older folks!

Rich
Dr. Karaoke