Thread: Karaoke books
View Single Post
Old March 2nd, 2006, 11:43 PM

I hope I didn't open a can of worms. I appreciate any and all suggestions. I have tried several things inre: karaoke books. Tape, glue, plastic gas line hose for the 3 ring binders, etc. I was just surprised that no body jumped on the bandwagon and made/created...Karaoke books. It would not be too hard to satellite a couple computers for singers to use/look up songs. Just more to haul around. Once being a traveling musician, I discovered....go as compact as you can, but don't lose quality. I like to get the best show, best sound and be as compact as possible. I know there is a satellite program where singers can look up songs and send their request right to your main karaoke computer; but, I also like the contact with my guests. I have already lessened the amount of books I use. I am continually adding new discs. It's the printing of the books that gets pricey. Some have discontinued books all together. I still use books and slips..for now. Singers like to have something in front of them to look at and do while waiting their turn. I agree, the drunks and rowdies take their toll on our books, mics, etc. Part of the job, just try to keep things in check. " I Love My Job"! I really do. To the KJ in Billings, my mainstay is "The OP" in Great Falls. I am known as " The Karaoke Guy ". I know, not very original, but my following named me. Drop in sometime, I will try to drop in Billings sometime. Still trying to get to see mindonstrike in Spokane. I think this forum is great! Makes for good business. Question, is their a forum where KJ's can list their venue, so other members can visit when in the area? I know when I am out of town, I like to look for karaoke. I usually find the bad ones first, then the good ones later in the evening, when they are winding it up. Seems to work that way. " Keep on singin'.