View Single Post
Old June 24th, 2004, 10:28 AM
Frequent Member

"cue file", drive changes

Sorry about the slow response. I let someone else use my computer while I was working at Bonnaroo, and he incapacitated my browser. cruising on the WiFi setup there.

To begin with: The CD "cue" file is not a cue file, but is a new .wav file the same length as the CD and represents the mix of the portions of .sf files in the project. This will naturally add to your hard drive at the size of a stereo 44.1k 16bit file the length of the CD (approx. 10megs per minute). Also: THIS CD FILE WILL ALWAYS BE WRITTEN ON THE DRIVE WHERE THE PROJECT FILE IS. In order to have this file be written on a new drive, you must save the project as a New Project and have that Project live on a different drive.

I am guessing that this is the sum total of the issue you have, because I am fairly sure that 5.2b finds the .sf files when you move them, and tells you it is doing it.

If your .sf files fit on the drive where the project was, all you needed to do would have been to have Saved As New Project on the other drive and used MicroCD to create a CD from the second version of the project.....As long as there was 650meg or so free on the new drive, you could create an hour-long CD on that drive.

I hope this is clear.