Thread: Windows 8
View Single Post
Old March 10th, 2013, 01:09 AM

Re: Windows 8

I've been having problems with hoster shutting down right from the begining with Windows 8.

I'm using Hoster 4.32. When I first started Hoster a sign came up and said I did not have enough RAM. I dismissed the sign and check the box to not show it again.

Toshiba Qosmio
12 gb of ram
450 gb hard drive free space
Using and external hd 3tb and 1.2 tb free

I did all the recommeneded changes and computer updates. I even found a resource to fix the UAC problem with regedit.

When the songs I use are on the external hard drive, Hoster crashes.
Those that I use that are stored on the computer keep playing without crashing. Once Hoster gets to a external hard drive stored songs, crash.

All my songs are zip format and work fine from the computer hard drive. And work fine from the Windows 7 machine.

I tried swapping to a smaller external hard drive that I use for my Windows 7 machine and it still crashes when the songs are on the external hard drive.

When I use my Windows 7 with an external hard drive, like others mentioned, when that one crashes, somehow the "Performance Setting" got changed back to a default setting. I change that back to the recommeneded setting and things run smoothly again.

My wife is giving the evil eye for spending the money on a new computer that crashes. I can't send it back, help!

* Upon further research; I find that the creashes happen at the end of the song and while in auto play. The songs were imported from zip to kmh files. Those files are the ones that cause the crash.

I brought songs into the play list using the K-oke button at the top and they are on the external hard drive. But they keep playing as I can see without crashing.

Last edited by nfountai; March 10th, 2013 at 01:39 AM.