Thread: Windows 8
View Single Post
Old February 27th, 2013, 02:36 PM

Re: Windows 8

I'm not sure what you mean by "audio dropouts". When I say it shut down I mean screen goes white and "Hoster shutdown unexpectedly. Windows is looking for a solution" pop up. Everything stops. I have to open task manager and end process then reopen Hoster. When it happened, I called a friend who is running windows 7 and an older version of hoster. She recommended I uninstall Media Monkey (I prefer it for background music). She had terrible problems running it with Hoster. Not only did that not help the problem, but that's how I discovered playing background music through Hoster caused it to skip and stutter. Karaoke songs play fine and are in sync. They just occasionally caused Hoster to shutdown completely. The fist sign of a problem was the lyric screen on my display not refreshing. Since the singer's display was fine I didn't worry about it. After stumbling across the HDMI splitter solution I noticed my screen cleared up and everything else works fine. I reinstalled Media monkey. I ran a busy 4 hour show using my splitter. I ran hoster, media monkey and a bingo caller program. I played karaoke, videos, background music through hoster, constantly scrolling marquee and media monkey and everything worked perfectly. So far I haven't had a single problem while using the splitter.