View Single Post
Old September 22nd, 2011, 04:09 PM

Re: New CD Burner Down

Well, I gotta say. This is becomming a very disappointing experience. The MTU products are good when they run but if they ever go down I guess you're just kind of SOL which is where that leaves me right now. I received information stating that they could not honor fixing the drive after 30 days and I had to contact the manufacturer. So, they gave me the phone number and email address. Well, no one has answered my email address yet. So, I get on my cell phone earlier today and call the manufacturer....Liteon. Well, there is a long message about how you have to put credit card information in before you can even talk to a tech because once a tech answers they will charge you $1.40 a minute for the call. WHAT???!!! That's crazy. The burner is still under warranty. Or at least it should be. So, I go thru all the steps and put in my information like it says...even though I feel I shouldnt. Well, then it tells me that a $45 authorization will be put on the card. This is not a charge it says...this is just to verify that your card is good. So, I do all that. Then it tells me it will take a minute to verify my card and will return. Well, music plays for about 10 minutes and then ends...no one comes back...no instructions on what to do next..nothing. So, guess what? I hold on the phone for an hour and waste those minutes on my cell phone. I finally hang up when the line stays dead for an hour...I checked and it hadn't hung up..it was still showing the call was connected...just no one there. So, I come home and call them back on my home phone. I go thru all the same crap again with my credit card. It goes away again to verify again playing the music...it ends in 10 minutes and again no one comes to the phone. It's just silence. AGAIN, I hold for almost an hour before I hang up. Then..get this...I check my credit card...a $90 hold has been place (for those keeping up that's $45 twice). So, my card gets charged and no one ever comes to the line. A pretty lucrative scam. No wonder MTU doesn't sell their burners anymore. I have no idea what to do, now. But, I'm not happy I can tell you that. I sure do miss the days when people actually answered phones and cared about your problems and making you happy so you come back and continue to buy their products. Back then you could get your questioned answered in a 5 minute phone call and get on with the rest of your life. NOW...it takes months to get one question answered because no one will talk to you anymore and every thing is done by answering emails back and forth once a day or every couple of days. It's become ridiculous.

Lance

Last edited by Mustangt93; September 22nd, 2011 at 04:14 PM.