View Single Post
Old November 3rd, 2011, 08:42 AM

Re: Best Monthly Series for staying current

Admin, you are 100% correct. And i do use vogone, and khpro to write many custom disc, over 500 to date.

I can tell you, that when i switched over to CDG's from laser, and cassettes. I spent over $2,300 at sound choice, over the phone, in about 15 minutes. The sleps even sent me a free gift pack, with cold cup holders, a sound choice ball cap, and a coffee mug out of appreciation. Now, those same people, are as much as calling me a crook, because i have a computer based karaoke show. Kinda puts a bad taste in my mouth.

Up around these parts, there are 5 of us KJ/DJ who cover a 40 mile area. If you want karaoke, or a DJ, you deal with us. And NONE of us use a sound choice product. One of us is still disc based, and she will not out of respect for the rest of us, use a sound choice product. Now..... not only us KJ's. But we have made darn sure, this applies to our customers as well. All of us, have a section of our song book, that deals with the antics of sound choice, and that fly by night karaoke police outfit, the KIAA or whatever it's called. We have asked our singers, NOT to bring us up a sound choice disc from home for us to load and play. MANY... of our singers do karaoke at home. We explained to them about sound choice, and printed out from the web, and given them a copy of a you tube video of how they (Sound Choice) accused a disc based kj of having a computer show. And they to, will not purchase a sound choice product online.

I don't need to do this (karaoke) for a living, thank god. But out of respect for those honest kj's who do. We stand united! I have all but stopped purchasing any new CDG's from anyone. I will use mtu products, and build my own. They are better, and tapped in time with the music. I will put my custom built CDG's against any commercial products any day of the week.