View Single Post
Old October 15th, 2001, 09:07 AM

Yes, I see nothing wrong with copying material WITHIN THE FRAME WORK OF THE LAW, and resent your innuendo that I support copyright infringement. I didn't adopt this posture of my own volition. There never has been any controversy to this extent, at least that I've seen personally , over copying cassette tapes for personal use, which leaves me hard pressed to make the distinction.

Regarding my awareness of popular music, that's an individual taste situation, and I can see we differ tremendously. Of all the names you listed, I saw only four that I'd bother to walk across the street to listen to. Now don't jump to conclusions, because Blondie is one of those four. My tastes are quite varied. I dare say that if I took the time to list all my favorites, you may only come up with four that would interest you, so, don't get judgemental. That's why they have chocolate and vanilla ice cream. My comments regarding SoundChoice in that area are based on the observation that of the tons of material they have,
there's relatively little that interests me, and it's scattered. Your percptions are different, especially if you're a KDJ as your library would of necessity reflect the tastes of your audience, not necessarily your own. I respect yours, so don't belittle mine.I know my collection isn't as large as some, but out of 142 cdg's in my library, only 19 are SC, and not because of anything other than finding what I want, not the brand, so I just quit looking at them, at least untill many more releases came out. That's changed now though, and I won't look at them at all. I will not buy anything I can't back up. I've already emailed them to that effect.

Regarding the internet addresses my point was this. Not knowing you, I was unsure as to whether you were basing your comment on fact or just tossing something out there to get to MTU, so I'm asking you to back up your statement with fact. That's all.

Take care,

George

Last edited by George; October 15th, 2001 at 09:57 AM.