View Single Post
Old March 2nd, 2004, 02:50 PM

Lauraine

As it happens I am an "old gal", and I can tell you that if a presenter decided to "play karaoke roulette" with me I would be MOST displeased and would probably walk out.

George.
He thinks the regulars are the ones in a rut, but it looks like it's just the opposite. It's him and the "crowd" that are

The "rut" I refer to is when a lot of people start out they will be
into a sorrow thing like a recent breakup and are just getting back to the single life, my old gal is a real sweet lady that got dumped after 32 yrs of marriage. She is now a crowd pleaser, when she first started all she sang was all of the old lost love songs, cheating songs. I started going to the place she went most often and would ask her to do duets with me, and she did. She has a new boyfriend and is singing some of the most modern stuff we have and at 60+ she is a happy camper.

First, thing is I was responding to the starter of the thread, second when in a early show and you have regulars that you know and you do a karaoke ruelette with them most are not offended if you know them, and give them the opportunity to turn it down. The crowd I hang with don't have a problem with the regulars anyway. Some get a little tippy and exceed the fun limit from time to time and want to sing more when the rotation gets larger, Lauraine if you knew me you would like me, George you would too, I was trying to make a suggestion to the presenter with a problem that he wanted to address and was asking for help in this forum. I do hope I have not offended anyone by the suggestions I made. I am the old guy in my crowd anyway at 58 I don't really do a lot of new songs, but I have my moments with the likes of the Big Bopper and Chantilly Lace, which I try get people to remember the oldies as well as the new stuff. My lady is into the new stuff and we get a good mix. I make a lot of mistakes but always try to learn from them. Take care and thanks for the replies. Swany