View Single Post
Old September 30th, 2002, 10:05 AM

Tom,
Honestly I think there is a hardware issue now. This is not normal at all. There is a One year warranty with Plextor. If you want to send me the drive I can test it here and then see if it is bad and RMA it back to Plextor. What is it that Plextor is telling you? To me there is no way in the world that it should keep giving you that Duplicate Device found message. Also, I have this same drive and it will write perfect on my system, it is Windows 2000 but I have also used it on an XP system and it worked fine to.

Try going to Plextors Website and download and Upgrade the Firmware one more time. I know that you have the version 1.05, which is the latest and must be had for it to work on XP. But, if for some reason it got corupted or something maybe it is causing problems. The only thing that I am unaware of is if the firmware will allow it to overwrite and upgrade that same version. So it may not do anything, hopefully it will just go ahead and upgrade and write the new firmware to the drive.

When you have it hooked up on USB 2, and click on Audio in Microstudio how long does that take? Also, when you use the Roxio EZ CD Creator how long does it take to write the CD using that? Are they both going the same speeds?