View Single Post
Old March 21st, 2002, 11:07 AM

Re: Bringing one's own CDGs

Quote:
Originally posted by Lauraine Graham
Now I have produced my own songs, using backing tracks I have either bought "off the peg" or commissioned in the case of my original songs (I used to be a professional singer). Because of the high quality of the program no-one not in the know realises that these songs are not commercially available.
Hello Lauraine,

Thank you for your reply; it was very encouraging!

I will be taking my first CD+G to a gig next Monday, and presenting the K.J. with it. We'll see how things go here in Indiana! LOL

I was wondering how the reaction went to your singing your own material at Karaoke gigs? I ask because I too am a songwriter, and have recorded two C.D.'s of my own, and would love to do some of my material at Karaoke gigs. I have used MTU's software, and have two CD+G versions of my songs, but hesitate to try them out at a Karaoke gig. Perhaps you can give me some encouragement!

BTW, what exactly is it you meant above, when you said you got them "off the peg?" Translation please... LOL

Thank you Lauraine, it was great to hear from you, and very encouraging I might add, especially because now after reading your post I might try taking some of my own material to my gigs.