View Single Post
Old October 11th, 2002, 04:32 PM

I agree with kedmison... George, you seem to want to take offense, when it's unnecessary.
I have no problems with patsy cline... Nor do I have a problem with people who do or don't get "slopped faced like the "good old boys"... the issue with that, was that they weren't spending ANY money at the bar at all!
And this goes to Wayne White...
Now you may argue that it's expensive to go to every karaoke show and drop a few bills every time... "(it's tough to spend alot of money when you go to karaoke every night, also hard to work if you get drunk every night)"... well in my opinion, the only solution to that is... DON'T COME TO KARAOKE EVERY NIGHT!
I have NEVER been out anywhere expecting entertainment for free... I'm afraid the world just doesn't work that way.
There are many times I would have liked to have gone out, but couldn't afford to. Should I have expected the movie theatre to let me in for free? Or the concert venue to sympathize and not charge me a dime for tickets?
Karaoke is entertainment, and EVERYONE who participates has an obligation to pay for it... and getting drunk is by no means the only solution. How about tipping the waitress who has been bringing you coffee or soda all night? I don't see what so wrong about expecting karaoke patrons to do at least that...