View Single Post
Old May 6th, 2011, 09:14 AM
Administrator

Re: Report Hoster 5.00 Problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiggerWertz View Post
In the Upgrade Notes you state the following: "However, because any major software release from any company can have bugs, we are including Version 4.32 (Full or Lite). If a bug should appear in 5.00 during a show, you can run 4.32 in seconds, then report the problem in the Video Hoster 5.00 Bugs and it will be fixed in V5.01."

My question is how do you run 4.32? I can't find it anywhere on my hard drive. Do I have to uninstall 5.00 and reinstall 4.32, or am I just missing something? BTW, great job on the upgrade folks!
We did NOT include 4.32 in the 5.00 release.

I've removed this text from the manual in 5.01, which is expected to release next week.

To run 4.32, you will need to do these steps:

1. Rename the existing "C:/Program Files/Micro Technology Unlimited/Hoster/Hoster.exe" to (for example) Hoster500.exe.

2. Then install 4.32 by using the REMOVE option (you can't install a back version over a latter version), which requires running it twice; once to remove the "current" Hoster.exe installation (yeah, seems stupid but that's they Windows requirement even if it isn't there as Hoster.exe), then a second time to install the 4.32 Hoster.exe.

3. I'd suggest renaming the 4.32 Hoster.exe to Hoster432.exe, and renaming the Hoster500.exe to Hoster.exe so that is what is NORMALLY run when you d-click the desktop Hoster icon. Then, if you need to run 4.32, use Windows Explorer to view the /Hoster folder (see above) and double click the filename Hoster432.exe.

4. You can also create a new Hoster 4.32 desktop icon by right clicking on an empty area of the desktop background, select New from the menu, then select Shortcut. Follow the directions to find the file location, and finish. Be sure you "new" icon is titled Hoster 4.32, and I'd name your other icon to Hoster 5.00.