View Single Post
Old May 5th, 2011, 05:03 PM
Administrator

Re: Report Hoster 5.00 Problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazycarl View Post
Tried Hoster 5.0 last night. Disappointed!!! Host shut itself off 3 times in the first 17 minutes of use. More than a dozen times during the 5 hour evening. Basically I can not use Auto Run, or edit a singers name. Also the new song search feature is terrible, works correctly very rarely, make the box colored in, (karaoke box) it is not nearly as good as just having a search button. many times last night i had to look up the song number in my books, it was quicker than using the song search.

Dave i know you think i complain to much about these recent Hoster upgrades, I am willing to send my laptop to you, if you want to find out what is wrong, I have had my laptop ckecked 3 times since Janurary. But maybe they don't know what to look for. Maybe i am just an Idiot, or imagining things. What I do know is that i could not leave my seat for hours. i had to use the manaul mode all evening.
Ps i tried to revert back to 4.32, i thought it would still be availabl for backup. But NO you had to have internet connection to boot it up. no internet connection at location. I assumed it was there from the previous instillation. Guess who was wrong again. You got it Crazycarl!! Maybe that's the problem I must really be crazy

Carl
We just found and fixed a problem with Windows that could randomly cause Hoster to crash when you edited the Singers or Key fields in the Playlist. We just fixed it. That takes care of that problem.

Search field... Carl, whether we trigger with a SEARCH button or a Tab or Enter key or click outside the field does NOT change how the search is done, only the trigger. I can't comment on this. If you can give FACTS instead of emotional feelings, we can look at it and maybe find something to upgrade.

We'll have version 5.01 out next week.